Writing in the Air for K-G3 Booking form
Can writers write without a pencil?
Writing in the Air is a workshop specifically designed for young writers from pre Kindergarten to Grade Three
The Students Will:
- Explore a senses bag and collaborate to create a descriptive word dictionary.
- Work together to create well-rounded characters, collaborated on by students in the class.
- Use active group storytelling students to explore story structure using visual prompts, literary terminology, and physical action.
- Practice positive collaboration, listening, leading, and following.
Post-presentation students can use what they learned to create a spoken word, picture-based, or written story using our story structure, character, and world-building handouts.
Curriculum Touch Points:
- Imagining, planning, and executing a story using story structure and understanding how messages and enjoyment can be shared through oral and written stories.
- Practicing listening and speaking skills, oral storytelling, collaboration - including listening, leading and following, and kind critiquing.
- Learning literary terminology and vocabulary related to storytelling while learning the love of reading and writing through a better understanding of grammar, spelling, writing conventions, and how to respond to unfamiliar words.
Cost for schools
This program is best taught as a single session (K-1) or half-day program (G2-3). Multiple classes can experience this workshop over a day.
- $350.00 a session (60-90 minutes)
- $650.00 half-day session (morning or afternoon)
- $1200.00 for a full day
Save money by booking multiple classes!
For example: For the single full-day fee, you can book two single sessions for Kindergarten - Grade 1 in the morning and a half-day session in the afternoon for Grades 2-3.
Not in the Calgary area, chat with us about getting a remote instructor.
School on a tight budget. Let's chat. We may be able to work something out.