- Youth Program
- Professional Development For Teachers
- Professional Development for Teachers
Professional Development for Teachers
Are you new to teaching ELA? Do you want to improve your own writing ability and tell your story? Or do you just want some great ways to engage your humanities students in the classroom that cost practically nothing? Whatever your goals, the AWCS can help you meet them.
Visit our Writing Centre located on the 4th floor of cSpace Marda Loop, or have us come to you. Let us know the goals of your team and have us develop a program that will achieve your professional development needs.
Are you looking for something you can do just for yourself? Have a look at our wide range of workshops, events, and more. Pick what's right for you. Become a member to get some spectacular member benefits.
Contact Kim Firmston for Professional Development group pricing and to plan your session: email@example.com
Some subjects include:
JUST FOR TEACHERS
- Tell your story - Memoir and Personal Essays (from concept to publishing)
- Tell your story - Fiction - general and genre
- Create a writers' circle for teachers
- Critiquing - the best methods
- Create a D&D Club for teachers (de-stress in the best way possible)
- How to host a poetry slam
- Make your own poetry slam team/club
- Create a writing club for students
- Create a D&D club for students (tools to build teamwork, listening skills, and self-esteem)
- Gamifying ELA is easier and cheaper than you think!
- Methods for demystifying essays, book reports, and articles.
- Getting past "I Hate Poetry" teaching a love for Poetry Analysis and Writing
- Understanding Spoken Word Poetry and Performance to Boost Self Esteem
- No Fail Poetry for younger grades- an exploration of senses and emotions
- Lost Ladies! Methods to help students find the awesome women of history.
- Methods for Collaborative Writing and Performance - Poetry
- Methods for Collaborative Writing and Performance - Scripts (podcast, radio play, stage, movie, or comic).
- Methods for Collaborative Writing and Publishing - short story collection on a theme, or short story-based novel.
CREATE YOUR OWN TOPIC
Is there something else you would like to learn to stretch your skills in the humanities? Let us know and we can create a lesson plan just for your team.
Pricing for these workshops is based on time, number of participants, location, and budget. Contact Kim Firmston at firstname.lastname@example.org.