Each manuscript submission must include:
- a cover letter (can be as an attachment or in the body of the email) detailing your writing experience, a brief description of your project, word count, how many times it has been reviewed by peers or edited (self-edited and/or professionally edited), anything you are struggling with and specific questions for the reviewer.
- the manuscript in .doc, .docx or .rtf. No PDF files as these cannot be edited electronically.
- Prose manuscripts must be double-spaced in an easy to read 12 point font with your name, title of manuscript and page numbers appearing in the header or footer of the manuscript.
- All poems should be single-spaced with one poem per page, except in the case that a long poem takes more than a page, in an easy to read 12 point font. Your name, title of collection (when applicable) and page numbers must appear in the header or footer of each each page. Poems should be titled.,
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please send by email to email@example.com
- The AWCS administrator will give your story a preliminary review to confirm word count and that all guidelines are met. Upon confirmation you will be asked to submit payment.
- Payments can be made online by credit card. Or make arrangements to pay by cheque (mailed or dropped off to AWCS, 460, 1721, 29th Ave SW) or credit card over the phone.
- Only one manuscript per submission.
- This is not an editing service. In the event that the reviewer feels your manuscript needs too much work (poorly edited, hard to read) and would not benefit from a review at the time, he/she may choose to return the manuscript to you with an explanation of the problem. In the event that this occurs, you will receive a refund minus 10% administration fee or you may be asked for additional fees which could range from $1 – $5 per page/poem.