MONTHLY CLASS - Let's Talk with Richard Harrison
PROGRAM BEGINS MONDAY, JANUARY 15, 2024
Mondays | 1-3pm | ONGOING - Monthly Sessions
No classes on holiday Mondays.
Facilitator: Richard Harrison
SINGLE SESSION: Members: $40.00 | Non-members: $50
BUY A MONTHLY PASS:
Months with 3 Mondays - Members: $90 | Non-members: $120
Months with 4 Mondays - Members: $120 | Non-members: $160
(must be booked & used consecutively)
A place for writers to talk about prose, poetry, craft, creativity and anything that informs your storytelling. Spend a couple of hours taking a deep-dive into anything that might be troubling your writing. There may be exercises, there may be advice. There will be exploration, reflection and newfound motivation (if that's what you need). There are no limits to the discussion.
This class takes place in person at the Alexandra Writers’ Centre in Calgary.
- Sign up monthly. These classes are ongoing. Your spot in a class will be saved for the following months until you quit or miss a payment.
- Same day, same time every week.
- Class size: min 4 - max 10.
- Please check schedule below to ensure seats are available for your given month.
- Can't make one of your classes in a month? Schedule a make up session. Make up sessions dependent on availability in class.
Richard Harrison has published seven books of poetry, including the Governor General's Award winning On Not Losing My Father's Ashes in the Flood (Wolsak & Wynn 2016). He is currently Professor Emeritus at Mount Royal University, where he taught courses in Essay and Creative Writing, Literature, and Comics & Graphic Novels for the past 25 years. He is also the moderator for the "Thursday Group" poetry workshop, which has met weekly for 20 years; taken together, members of the group have published their poetry in a multitude of journals and anthologies, including prize-winners in open competitons, as well as a total of 17 books of poetry.