PThe Alexandra Writers Centre is a fiscally responsible charity that relies heavily on the support of municipal and provincial grants, donations from the public and casinos to maintain day to day operations.
Through the generous contributions of our members and sponsors, AWCS continues to bring the best in courses and workshops. Our community continues to grow each year with now over 500 members, almost 100 of those youth, our needs are changing.
Consider supporting our community now and for years to come.
Ways to donate:
- A one-time donation through the link above.
- Set up a monthly contribution through the link above.
- Donate your bottle refund to AWCS through Skip the Depot.
- Consider a legacy gift.
- Sponsor a Program – J Michael Fay Subsidy Program, Writer in Residence, Author Development Program, Manuscript Review Service, Social Change Initiatives
We’ve partnered with SkipTheDepot!
Empty cans and bottles taking up space in your basement? Can’t find the time to take them back to the bottle depot? Consider Skip the Depot. They will pick up your bottles and the funds can be donated to your favourite charity. If you’re on this page, it’s likely us, so thank you!
What is SkipTheDepot? A door-to-door bottle collection service that makes refundable recycling and fundraising easier than 1,2,3
- Download the app and book a pickup using
- Place your bags outside
- Receive a refund or donate to us!
SkipTheDepot will allow everyone to donate directly to our organization with ease. Spread the word by sharing our SkipTheDepot posts on social media!
How Writing Changes Lives
- Realization of Dreams
- Mental Health Support
- Fosters Creativity
- Outlet for Creative Expression
- A strong supportive community
- Social change
We welcome all levels of donations. All donations over $10 receive a tax deductible donation receipt. We are registered charity 119211852RR0001
If you are interested in sponsoring AWCS or a specific program, thank you. For a minimum $500 sponsorship AWCS will include your logo and link to your site on our website. Please contact for more details.
Specific areas of need:
- General Operations – support the day to day, tried and true of what makes AWCS special.
- Youth Programs – support the growth and nurturing of our youth in the literary arts. Help them find their voices and their people.
- Adult Programs – this will support subsidies, planning and development of adult programming.
- Special Programs/Guest Speakers – Borderlines Writers Circle, Writer in Residence Program, Author Development Program, Feature Workshops and more.
- Tech Support – as we continue to grow we recognize the need for improved technology in classrooms, for events and operationally.
- Rainy Day Fund – help support the AWCS by contributing to its sustainability for years to come.
Thank you for your continued support.