|COVID 19 MEASURES AT CSPACE AND AWCS
AWCS remains open to our members and for small classes. The number of offered in person classes is low and was intended as a trial run as we return to modified regular activities. Your participation will determine whether these classes run or not.
Effective September 23, 2021, AWCS will be adhering to the City of Calgary Bylaw 65M2021 and will require proof of vaccination from all visitors and class participants, a negative Covid test or medical exemption.
For those still not comfortable visiting us in person, please check out our online course offerings.
Additional Measures Remaining in Place
- We have closed our two smaller classrooms and will only be using the Sabon Literary Salon as a classroom. This space is approximately 500 sq feet.
- Classes are limited to 8 students and one instructor and physical distancing has been made possible in this space. This still adheres to the 1/3 capacity limit for attendance.
- The two smaller classrooms are available for open writing and small meet ups of no more than 4 people. Seating has been properly spaced for your comfort.
- Many have suggested that we don’t have a proper filtration system within the building and this is completely wrong. It’s important to remember that cSpace is an art centre, where a lot of art creation goes on with paint and chemicals and other offensive materials. When the building was renovated, cSpace installed a state-of-the-art HEPA filtration system throughout the building that cleans and filters the air regularly.
- Masks are mandatory in all hallways, stairwells, elevator and shared spaces within the building.
- Masks will be required in classes by all students and instructors. Masks are available onsite (so if you forget one, no problem), as well as hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes.
- All tables, chairs and contact areas are wiped down before and after classes.
- cSpace performs sanitizing fogging throughout the building and the AWCS space twice a day.
- We will require proof of vaccination, a negative Covid test at least 72-hours before each class or medical exemption before the start of first class . You may submit electronically, or show vaccine status at time of first class.
- If you are not feeling well for any reason, please stay home. No one wants to unknowingly infect someone else.
Thank you for all your support and we look forward to continuing to serve all of your writing needs and help you reach your goals.