Become a member of AWCS today and enjoy great member benefits.
The Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society is an exceptional place to meet and connect with other writers. Membership is not required to participate in any of our programs, however as a member of the AWCS you will receive great benefits which include:
- be part of a diverse group of writers that is continually growing
- 25-30% discount on courses and workshops.
- 30% discount on Manuscript Review Service
- Free admission to our centre for drop in programs such as critique groups, readings, Free Fall Writing Sessions and other programming not requiring registration, social events or just come to write during open writing times.
- Be the first to know about new and exciting programming including special presentations and feature workshops through our email newsletters.
- one free manuscript consultation with our Writer in Residence (spring of every year)
- Annual Member Guest Pass* (see details below)
- Refer a Friend* (see details below)
- After 5 consecutive years of membership, all members are eligible to apply for author support for book launches, self-publishing and more.*
- Voting rights at AGM and Special Membership Meetings
AWCS encourages young writers to express themselves. If you’re under 18, you can get all the benefits of membership at a reduced rate and enjoy special youth focused clubs, classes, one on one tutoring, and social events at a discount. For more information on youth programs please click here.