2015 Writer in Residence – Lauren Carter
Readings, Workshops and more…
Writer in Residence Welcome Reading
March 31, 2015 |7pm | Owl’s Nest Books (815A, 49th Ave SW)
Join AWCS in welcoming Lauren Carter as our 2015 Writer in Residence. Lauren will read and answer questions about her residency. Meet and mingle with other writers. Everyone welcome.
Wine and refreshments.
Book a Manuscript Consultation
One on One manuscript consultations are available FREE to AWCS members. If you are not a member and wish to meet with Lauren while she is here, simply become a member. It’s only $60 for the year.
Consultations are booked on a first come, first served basis so book early. There are only 30 spots available.
How to Schedule a Consultation
- Send us an email or fill out the online registration form.
- You will be contacted by AWCS to schedule a time. Please note that manuscripts need to arrive at least two weeks prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Review the manuscript guidelines to ensure your manuscript is formatted correctly.
- Email your manuscripts to email@example.com OR mail to AWCS – Writer in Residence, 922, 9th Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0S4
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Lauren will be accepting submissions of poetry and prose. Please follow these guidelines or your manuscript may be returned.
For all submissions, please include a one page cover letter outlining any specific questions you may have regarding your submission and your writing experience, including workshops you’ve taken, places you’ve been published, if you’ve had your work reviewed in the past.
Emailed submissions should be submitted in .doc, .docx or .pdf file format.
Prose Submissions (Fiction or Creative Nonfiction)
- Maximum 14 pages, double-spaced, in an easy to read font (Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman) 12-pt font.
- Your name and title of submission should appear in the page header, please number your pages.
- Emailed manuscripts are preferred.
- Maximum 8 poems. One poem per page (unless longer poem)
- Poems should be single-spaced in an easy to read font (Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman) 12-pt font.
- All pages should have your name and title of poem in the header.
- All poems should be in one document.