NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
2016 Writer in Residence Application Guidelines
The Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society is now accepting applications for the 2016 Writer in Residence. The residency will run for a two-month period, March/April or April/May, (dates to be confirmed after selection). The Writer in Residence will be paid an honourarium of $4000.
The following commitments are required:
• A reading to introduce the WIR to members and the community, usually done jointly with the previous year’s WIR if available.
• Thirty (30) one-on-one manuscript critique sessions (dates and times to be determined after acceptance.)
• Minimum of two (2) one day workshops and/or public appearances as determined by AWCS and the WIR
• A reading to close the residency.
The successful candidate must be:
• A published writer with teaching experience.
• Comfortable critiquing a variety of genres (prose, poetry, non-fiction)
• Working on a project or close to completion of a project.
Application Package should include:
• A cover letter introducing yourself and a short exposition on what would make you a good choice for the residency.
• Resume or CV outlining publishing credits and teaching experience.
• Course outline for your proposed workshops and possible public event.
Send to: AWCS WIR Selection Committee
Alexandra Writers Centre Society 922, 9th Ave. SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0S4
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until midnight, April 1, 2015. A decision will be made on or before April 30, 2015.
For more information, please contact the Alexandra Writers Centre Society at 403.264.4730 or by email at: email@example.com