WE ARE NOW CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED
2017 Writer in Residence Application Guidelines
The Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society is now accepting applications for the 2017 Writer in Residence. The residency will run for a two-month period, March/April or April/May, (dates to be confirmed after selection). The Writer in Residence will be paid an honourarium of $4000.
The following commitments are required:
• A reading to introduce the WIR to members and the community, usually done jointly with the previous year’s WIR if available.
• Thirty (30) one-on-one manuscript critique sessions (dates and times to be determined after acceptance.)
• Minimum of two (2) one day workshops and/or public appearances as determined by AWCS and the WIR
• A reading to close the residency.(optional)
The successful candidate must be:
• A published writer with teaching experience.
• Comfortable critiquing a variety of genres (prose, poetry, non-fiction)
• Working on a project or close to completion of a project.
Application Package should include:
• A cover letter introducing yourself and a short exposition on what would make you a good choice for the residency.
• Resume or CV outlining publishing credits and teaching experience.
• Course outline for your proposed workshops and possible public event.
Send to: AWCS WIR Selection Committee
Alexandra Writers Centre Society 922, 9th Ave. SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0S4
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until midnight, April 1, 2016. A decision will be made on or before April 30, 2016.
For more information, please contact the Alexandra Writers Centre Society at 403.264.4730 or by email at: email@example.com