Now Accepting Applications.
2019 Writer in Residence Application Guidelines
The Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society is now accepting applications for our 2019 Writer in Residence. The residency will run for a three-month period, March/April/May or April/May/June (dates to be confirmed after selection). The Writer in Residence will be paid an honourarium of $6000.
The following commitments are required:
• A reading to introduce the WIR to members and the community, usually done jointly with the previous year’s WIR if he/she is available.
• A minimum of (45) one-on-one manuscript critique sessions with local writers (dates and times to be determined after acceptance.) Additional consultations (if needed) will be paid at a rate of $100/consultation.
• Minimum of three (3) one day workshops, (or weekly course/writing event) and two (2) public appearances/events as determined by AWCS and the WIR
• A reading to close the residency.(optional)
All applicants must be:
- A published writer with teaching experience.
- Comfortable critiquing a variety of genres (prose, poetry, non-fiction)
- Working on a project or close to completion of a project.
Application Package should include:
- A cover letter introducing yourself and a short exposition on what would make you a good choice for the residency.
- Resume or CV outlining publishing credits and teaching experience.
- Course outline for your proposed workshops and public events.
- A one-page description of the project you will be working on.
Send to: AWCS WIR Selection Committee
Email applications as PDF or Word .doc, .docx to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until midnight, May 31, 2018. A decision will be made on or before August 1, 2018.
For more information, please contact the Alexandra Writers Centre Society at 403.264.4730 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org