Discover a network of writers,
editors & friends
Become a member today
Join a creative community
Announcement ~ Membership Rate Changes
Effective July 1, 2018, our membership rates will change.
Regular Adult Membership $70
Youth/Student(post-secondary) Memberships $50
Seniors (60+) Membership $60
The Alexandra Writers’ Centre Society is an exceptional place to meet and connect with other writers. Membership is not required to participate in any of our programs, however as a member of the AWCS you will receive great benefits which include:
- be part of a diverse group of writers that is continually growing
- 25% discount on courses/workshops
- 30% discount on Manuscript Review Service
- Free admission to our centre for drop in programs such as critique groups, readings, Free Fall Writing Sessions and other programming not requiring registration, social events or just come to write during open writing times. (see Calendar of Events)
- Be the first to know about new and exciting programming including special presentations and feature workshops through our email newsletters.
- an annual subscription to FreeFall Magazine (3 issues per year), plus receive a reduced rate on contest entries.
- one free manuscript consultation with our Writer in Residence (spring of every year)
- Annual Member Guest Pass* (see details below)
- Refer a Friend* (see details below)
- Voting rights at AGM and Special Membership Meetings
AWCS encourages young writers to express themselves. If you’re under 18, you can get all the benefits of a regular membership at a reduced rate and enjoy our clubs, classes, one on one tutoring, and social events at a discount. Included with the youth membership: Reality Is Optional Writing Club, Rogue Poets Poetry Club, Dungeons and Dragons Club, and Random Movie Night.
(FreeFall Magazine subscription not included with youth membership) nor do youth members have voting rights at AGM or Special Meetings.
*Member Guest Pass
Each calendar year, January to December, current members receive one guest pass. This allows you to bring a friend to a course, workshop, or event absolutely free as long as you, the member, are registered.
But that’s not all, should that friend purchase a membership of their own, you will receive 10% off your next year membership renewal.
*Refer a Friend
We always love to hear that you’re talking about AWCS to your friends and colleagues. When someone you know signs up for a new membership, have them mention your name in the comments section and you will receive a 10% discount on your next membership renewal or course registration. (they must mention your name)
AWCS is a non-profit organization and a registered charity. We don’t believe in turning anyone away. If you’re experiencing financial difficulties or are on a fixed income, please contact us to arrange payments or fill out the Subsidy Request form and submit by email.
Become a member and start enjoying the benefits.